Foodies are in for a treat as Fat Lulu’s co-founder and Head Chef Sam Chablani whips up five healthy and delicious meals with the Philips Viva Collection Airfryer.
“Consumers are becoming increasingly conscious of their health. For smarter healthy living solutions, the airfryer makes it easier to enjoy healthier and tastier homemade dishes.”
Fried food always tastes better but the calories hurt a lot. For healthy and fuss-free meals, the Philips Viva Collection Red Airfryer comes to the rescue.
The first Philips Airfryer was a runaway success with over two million units sold globally. Set to hit stores in December 2016, the latest airfryer features a unique TurboStar technology, which allows time-pressed individuals to cook their favourite meals up to 50% more evenly without wasting precious time preheating their food.
“Consumers are becoming increasingly conscious of their health,” says Canice Koh, Marketing Manager at Philips Singapore. “For smarter healthy living solutions, the Airfryer makes it easier to enjoy healthier and tastier homemade dishes.”
To demonstrate how easy and tasty the meals prepared by the Airfryer can be, Sam Chablani, Co-Founder and Head Chef at Fat Lulu’s, puts together five easy recipes for amateur home cooks to try.
“It is essential for people to be healthy, live well and enjoy life,” he says. “Not everyone has the luxury of time when it comes to cooking, especially with our busy schedules. The airfryer makes cooking accessible for everyone to enjoy quality, healthy meals.”
1. Grilled Salmon Kebabs
For kebabs: Salmon cubes, cherry tomatoes, salt, oil
For paste: Young ginger, peeled garlic, coriander root, mint leaf, chilli powder, salt, lemon juice, lemon, yogurt
For garnish: Satay skewers, wedge of lemon, lime
- Blend spices and vegetables required for the paste. Add yogurt and mix well.
- Pat salmon cubes dry and dip into paste. Season tomatoes with salt and oil.
- Skew salmon cubes and seasoned tomatoes alternately.
- Cook in the airfryer for 8 minutes at 200°C with a grill attachment. At 4 minutes, rotate to sear all sides.
- Serve skewers on the plate with freshly-chopped coriander, garnish with a wedge of lemon and lime zest.
2. Roasted Chicken Meatballs
For meatballs: Chicken thighs, oregano, tomato sauce, quartered tomatoes, water, olive oil, salt, pepper
For paste: Garlic, large white onion, cayenne pepper, chilli powder, smoked paprika
For garnish: Fresh basil, croutons
- Mince garlic and onion. Sauté in a hot pan with oil until slightly brown. Remove from heat, add spices and toss gently. Save one-third of the paste for chicken meatballs.
- With two-thirds of the paste, add quartered tomatoes and water to the pan. Cook tomato sauce down for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix salt, paste, and oregano to season the meatballs. Add minced chicken thighs and marinate well. Shape chicken into size of ping-pong balls. Place in chiller for 10 minutes.
- Cook meatballs with the airfryer for 6 minutes at 180°C.
- Coat cooked meatballs with tomato sauce, garnish with chopped basil and croutons.
3. Grilled Paprika and Lime Chicken
Boneless chicken thighs, smoked paprika, quartered lime, salt, cubed russet potatoes, chopped oregano, rosemary and thyme, olive oil, salt, pepper.
For garnish: Freshly-chopped coriander, wedge of lime
- Season cubed potatoes with oil, salt and pepper. Roast potatoes with the airfryer at 170°C for 4 minutes, with grill attachment.
- Marinate chicken thighs with lime, paprika, and salt.
- After 4 minutes, toss potatoes into the airfryer. Make a space to roast chicken for 8 minutes. Squeeze lime inside the airfryer halfway through 8 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from airfryer and toss gently with freshly-chopped herbs.
- Top potatoes with chicken, garnish with a wedge of lime and freshly-chopped coriander.
4. Grilled Spicy Salmon and Chips
Salmon fillets, lemon juice
For spice: Turmeric powder, fine salt, chilli padi, young ginger, garlic, olive oil
For chips: Peeled potatoes, olive oil, salt
- Use a mandoline slicer to slice potatoes. Rinse under water to remove excess starch. Boil.
- Strain potato slices by running them under cold water. Spread over paper towels to absorb moisture.
- Use the net feature and place potato slices into the airfryer at 180°C with a cover to prevent them from touching the heating element. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes depending on thinness of potato slices.
- Blend spices to make turmeric spice paste. Coat salmon with paste, lemon juice, and salt.
- Cook salmon with the airfryer at 180°C with the grill attachment for 8 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges and chips on the side.
5. Air Fried Broccoli with Curry Yogurt
Broccoli, curry powder, salt, oil, natural Greek yogurt, curry powder, blended garlic, chopped dill, mint, coriander, lime juice, salt, white pepper
For garnish: Chopped mint leaves, lime zest
- Cut broccoli into florets and toss in oil.
- Cook broccoli with the airfryer for 12 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients together to make curried yogurt (tastes slightly acidic).
- Toss fried broccoli with curry powder and salt.
- Garnish with curried yogurt, chopped mint leaves, and lime zest.
Images by Philips
The Philips Viva Collection Red Airfryer (HD9623) RRP SGD449 is available from December 2016 at selected electronic stores, major departmental stores and authorised dealers.