Accessible hair care tips and a new potent formulation can revitalise hair follicles.
“Most scalp and hair conditions can be addressed with the right treatment, effective products, proper consultation, professional advice and diligent follow through.”
At a time when salons were focused on treating dry, damaged hair, and scalp care treatments were only available at specialist hair loss centres, Anita Wong, Founder and CEO of PHS HAIRSCIENCE®️ Group, was inspired to establish Singapore’s first holistic hair spa concept, where people get their scalp issues addressed, and walk out with well styled coiffures.
Established in 2006 as Phyto Hair Spa, PHS HAIRSCIENCE®️ has since served 20,000 customers in Singapore over the past 12 years, offering science-based hair treatments that’s efficacious and pampering.
As the leading premium hair and scalp specialist, it provides effective, scientifically-developed and botanically-based scalp and hair care solutions. Combining the power of botanical ingredients with the latest technology, research and experience, effective therapies, in-spa treatments, home care products and salon styling services are created to stimulate and prolong the life cycle of each hair follicle.
Kind to the hair and scalp, these hair care products and methods address specific concerns, including hair loss, hair thinning, sensitive or oily scalp, dandruff, aging scalp, over-processed hair, dry or dull hair.
Driven by research and development, the latest efficacious solutions are discovered, and best practices incorporated into achieving optimal hair regeneration results. Relieving tension and enhancing circulation, scalp health is revitalised through the use of botanical Korean herbs, traditional Chinese acupressure massage and trichology, featuring the use of high-frequency combs, ultrasound energy and iontophoresis, just to name a few.
“Anxiety and fear can undermine the growth of new hair cells. Practise yoga and meditation to keep calm, stay positive and enjoy the ageing process.”
Time-strapped consumers can look forward to a quick 45 minute treatment of Miracle Stem Cell Solution at the PHS HAIRSCIENCE®️ CAPSULE. It contains more than 100 active botanical ingredients, including nine growth factors, vitamins, antioxidants and DHT blockers.
This potent formulation is the very reason behind revitalising hair follicles to reinstate hair’s natural colour, and treat advanced hair loss of Stages 5 and 6, without the need for needles. It is also scientifically proven to be effective in reviving dormant hair follicles – a result of stress, hormonal changes, sun damage and the onset of menopause.
For two common problems, hair fall and grey hair, PHS HAIRSCIENCE®️ CAPSULE is a new scalp care retail concept designed for busy professionals to address hair concerns without time intensive in-centre treatments and package costs.
With hair as an extension of the self and the physical manifestation of thoughts, here are accessible hair care tips to keep hair shiny, and scalp healthy.
Hair Care Tips by Anita Wong, Founder and CEO of PHS HAIRSCIENCE®️ Group
- Most scalp and hair conditions can be addressed with the right treatment, effective products, proper consultation, professional advice and diligent follow through.
- Have a few shampoos to protect the scalp and hair. Similar to facial skincare, we need to cleanse, exfoliate and moisturise.
- Maintain hair shine with one conditioner, one targeted problem shampoo, a cleanser for all hair types, and various hair masks.
- For aesthetics, invest in a hair serum that smells good. It doubles up as a treatment product that’s packed with nutrients.
- Besides using a scalp cleanser, exfoliate the scalp for better nutrient absorption.
- Bring a detangling spray when you fly, and wear your hair in a casual way for better blood circulation.
- When travelling to Europe, use another shampoo to counteract hard water.
- Just as high calories and oily foods can jeopardize your waistline and skin condition, the hair is an outward sign of inside health. Eat well to keep hair follicles healthy and scalp oils circulating.
- Start hair maintenance early. Even if there isn’t hair loss now, cultivate good habits to strengthen, increase density and grow a thicker, fuller hair crown.
- Anxiety and fear can undermine the growth of new hair cells. Practise yoga and meditation to keep calm, stay positive and enjoy the ageing process.
Images by PHS HAIRSCIENCE®️